Hi all! After 20 hours of travel, and losing a nights sleep, I made it to Athens :) And it's true, Greece is breathtaking. The city is just full of neat architecture, cobblestone pedestrian pathways, stores, and the Acropolis. The view of the Acropolis truly dominates the city. Class began at 5:30 and we hiked to a nearby site to get a great view of the entire city. Tonight we enjoyed going up on the roof of our hotel, enjoying the view, and watching the sun set behind the acropolis. Life couldn't be better.... right? I am so happy to be here right now and I will write more once classes start. I have serious jet lag right now though, so I'm off to bed. (p.s. I took this picture... it is not from an online source)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you made it. What a long journey. I assume you made it from the airport to the hotel without a hitch. That is Mt. Likavitos in the background. I hope you get to make it up there in the evening for the sunsets and light show at the acropolis (if they still do it). The view is incredible from up there. You can see the ancient agora, Zeus' temple, 1st stadium of modern olympics and much much more. Love, Aunt MB
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it. What a long journey. I assume you made it from the airport to the hotel without a hitch. That is Mt. Likavitos in the background. I hope you get to make it up there in the evening for the sunsets and light show at the acropolis (if they still do it). The view is incredible from up there. You can see the ancient agora, Zeus' temple, 1st stadium of modern olympics and much much more.
ReplyDelete